Monday 18 November 2013

Fractured by Dani Atkins


Synopsis

What would you do if life gave you a second chance?

The night of the accident changed everything... Now, five years on, Rachel's life is crumbling. She lives alone in a tiny flat, working in a dead-end job, desperate with guilt over her best friend's death. She would give anything to turn back the clock. But life doesn't work like that... Does it?

The night of the accident was a lucky escape... Now, five years on, Rachel's life is perfect. She has a wonderful fiancé, loving family and friends around her, and the career she always wanted. But why can't Rachel shake the memory of a very different life?


Review

Oh my goodness! Wow! What an amazing amazing book! I was completely swept away by Fractured getting so lost in the story I really did become oblivious to my surroundings. I would actually have to take a moment to gather my thoughts and resurface from this book as I was in so deep with Rachel's story.

On the night of the accident, Rachel's life took a turn for the worse. Five years on she is living alone and has cut herself off from everyone she knew and loved; blaming herself for the death of her best friend. The night of the accident was a lucky escape. Five years on Rachel's life is perfect. She's engaged to the man she loves and has the career she has always wanted. But why can't she get dispel the memory of an extremely different life?

There is so so much I want to say about this absolutely wonderful book, but I will keep it to a minimum as I do not want to give anything away. Dani's writing has got to be the most fluid and utterly engrossing I have ever read. She literally catches your attention right from the beginning and you are not let go even after you have finished. It is one of those stories that will stay with you for a very long time.

I had so many different emotions whilst reading this and instantly clicked with Rachel and all the emotions she was going through. What was most compelling of all for me was how was the storyline going to pan out. How was it all going to work? It leaves you guessing right up until the very end. I found this such a unique story and it is so beautifully written that if someone else had tried to write a similar story it would not be the same.

Heartbreaking, magical and completely and utterly gripping! If you only read one book this year, read this; I promise it will will far far far from disappoint!

5/5

Fractured is available from Amazon UK and Waterstones

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS