Sunday 19 January 2014

Showcase Sunday #16




Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vickie at Books Biscuits and Tea. The aim of this event is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.

I had some brilliant book post this week. I literally had nothing until yesterday so was doubly excited when three packages came. Also on Friday I was caught out by the flooding and couldn't get into work so went to Sainsburys and got a couple of bargains.



The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley (Purchased)
The Sceptic Circle by Lorna Reid (Review Copy)
Truly, Madly, Deeply by Various Authors (Review Copy)
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty (Purchased)
I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk (Purchased)
The Boat by Clara Salaman (Review Copy)
A Little Love by Amanda Prowse (Review Copy)


I was absolutely thrilled to receive The Boat as it sounds brilliant and it is based on a true story from the author so it makes it even more intriguing! A Little Love by Amanda Prowse has a beautiful cover and beautiful story to go with it. I got caught out again with deals on books in WHSmith and Sainsburys. I just cannot stop myself when there is a book bargain! Truly, Madly Deeply is a new initiative from Harlequin where lots of brilliant authors come together and write short stories, so I feel very lucky to become one of their official first reviewers. 

So lots of books this week! I really must crack on with them. Have a brilliant Sunday everyone and please do let me know if you have read any of the above.

Laura xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hope the flooding isn't affecting you anymore.

    I love the covers of a lot of the books you go this week, they look so appealing.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cheap books!! I havent heard of a lot of these but Im going to check them out!! They look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to get caught out with Tesco deals all the time when I worked next door to a giant store. I think my book buy is a tiny bit better now I usually work from home (but then there is that pesky internet).

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of those books sound like great reads! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking up the I heart series and I think I may get to them soon myself, they look so cute! :)
    Happy reading, enjoy all these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the deals on books in supermarkets! :) They tend to be really good! I love the 2 for £7 one at Asda :)!

    Enjoy all of your books! :)

    My Showcase Sunday :)
    My Current Giveaway: A book of your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of What Alice Forgot! I've had my eye on that one for a while so I hope you enjoy it. I haven't heard of the rest of them so I'll have to go and look them up.
    Great haul! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I love it when all my parcels arrive at the same time :D I've been thinking about trying the I Heart series for a while, actually - hope you enjoy it!

    Happy reading and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS