Tuesday 9 December 2014

Penguin Women's Fiction Evening


Penguin Women's Fiction Evening!



I have the wonderful Zarina to thank for this awesome invite, and I am SO glad I was able to go as there were some amazing women fiction writers here!


It was so exciting to go to the actual Penguin building (well the building they work in). When we got there I saw Bronagh from Handwritten Girl and also Rea from Reasbookreview both fabulous bloggers and so lovely to meet them both in person.


The evening was even better than I could possibly have imagined. There were so many amazing amazing books all laid out for us to look at and their authors!




We had barely been there 10 minutes and Jojo Moyes came up to us and she signed my book which was amazing! Was completely starstruck!




So not only were there amazing books and authors there, there were also the fabulous Penguin employees and endless prosecco and the most amazing canapes!


Other amazing authors I got to meet and sign my books were Jane Shemilt, Sinead Moriarty, Giovanna Fletcher, Louise Candlish, Lucy Robinson. All who so kindly signed my books for me! What was also really good was that I got to see the lovely Kate Riordan again from my fabulous weekend at Owlpen Manor!


 

 


 


We all got given a bright orange Penguin bag to take home with a book inside and some other penguin treats, and we were also allowed to take as many books home as we liked! 



A big big BIG thank you to Penguin for such a fantastic evening and letting us take all these amazing books home!

2 comments:

  1. It was lovely to meet you at this wonderful event, great post hun xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you Rea! I was buzzing for ages after this, was such a fab evening :) xxx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS