Tuesday 13 January 2015

Golden Son by Pierce Brown

Title: Golden Son
AuthorPierce Brown
Published: 8th January 2014
Publisher: Hodder and Stoughton

Review

Wow! What is Pierce Brown doing to my emotions?!! Golden Son was nothing short of epic, I can rave about this book to anyone who will listen!

If you are yet to read Red Rising, please read no further and go and look at my review here: Red Rising Review. Seriously you NEED to start this trilogy if you already haven't. It will blow your socks off!

I can't seem to decide whether this was better than Red Rising or just as good! What I was really pleased about in Golden Son though was the explanation of the colours hierarchy and who was who. This was something that I said I would have liked to have seen in Red Rising and it massively helps with getting your head around what each of the colours do. I find this the most fascinating aspect of the series and completely unique to any other dystopian novel I have ever read!

I honestly never thought that I would want to read a novel set in space, let alone a trilogy! But Pierce Brown has totally captured my imagination with the Red Rising trilogy and I just cannot get enough. I don't know how he does it, but once you start this, all commitments, chores and the need to do other things just goes out the window. I was so utterly engrossed whilst reading that I lost all track of time and for a novel to be able to do this, you know that it is bloody good!

Pierce is also fantastic at getting Darrow into impossible to escape situations and leaving you with no idea of how the hell he is going to get out of them. Just when you think all is going well, Pierce throws a humongous spanner in the works and leaves your heart pounding and your mind racing. And the ending! OMG the ending! Pierce how could you do this to us! The wait for the final instalment is going to be torture!

An absolutely amazing, epic read! I cannot wait for the final part in Darrow's story!


       



2 comments:

  1. the ending............... i had to reread the last chapter a couple times right away then came online to see what other people are saying. my mind is blown. every person should read this, except for those prone to heart attacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Braden, so glad you think the same! And yes people faint of heart definitely should avoid! Haha. CANNOT wait for Morning Star!

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS