Thursday 13 August 2015

Book Review: Night Owls by Jean Bennett

TitleNight Owls
Author: Jean Bennett
Published: 13th August 2015
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Children's Books





Huge thanks to Love Reading for my copy of Night Owls.

Oh my, this story was actually beautiful! I have never fallen quite so in love with a story as the way I have with Night Owls. I really do not think I am going to be able to find the right words to do this incredible novel justice.

This is an absolutely stunning love story. The main characters Beatrix and Jack have such amazing chemistry. I actually want what they have, there is such depth to their relationship and what they feel for each other is almost palpable.  Jack has got to be the most perfect male character I have come across in fiction. He has taken the top spot in the ultimate book boyfriend stakes. You would not have thought that you could blend together two people with such opposing ends of the spectrum of art, Jack and his emotionally felt graffiti and Beatrix and her amazing talent for anatomical art would come together in a story and for it to work. 

I was just so impressed with everything about Night Owls, from the dialogue to the characters to the whole storyline. 

It is more than safe to say that Night Owls is not only one of my favourite Young Adult reads this year, but also but of my overall reading favourites. I might even go as far as saying that think I loved this a little bit more than Eleanor and Park!

Night Owls is definitely a story that I won't be forgetting in a hurry.


        



No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS