Wednesday 18 November 2015

Book Review: The Boy in the Bookshop by Katey Lovell

TitleThe Boy in the Bookshop
Author: Katey Lovell
Published: 29th October 2015
Publisher: Harper Impulse



This is lovely short and sweet read that as Carmel Harrington has quoted is perfect coffee break reading. 

Despite being a short read, Katey manages to make this an engrossing read. Meeting a boy in a bookshop was actually a fantasy of mine when I was a teenager, so reading a short snippet was a delight.

I was mightily impressed with Katey's writing and descriptions, it manages to be succinct, but not leave you with questions about anything, apart from of course what will happen next.

I am thrilled that this is a series as the first short has left a brilliant impression on me, so I am sure others will look forward to the next instalment. 


     



The Boy in the Bookshop is out now.







No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS